Disclaimer

The information on the Blog Posts reflects my opinions, personal suggestions and is not intended as medical advise. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. PVNS Success makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.

PVNS Success does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site.

PVNS Success is not responsible nor liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, service or products the you obtain through this web site.


NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.



Monday, January 9, 2012

Twilight Zone. Let me wake up!!



Sitting here looking at the 6 inch incision on knee and wondering. What the F*** did I have them do to me. My knee wasn't hurting much just a minor ache and all of a sudden I'm told in a nonchalant way. " You're MRI states that you have Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis." replying, "oh, all right, thanks, bye." I gotta check this out. Typing into the computer P..I..G..M.. I had the worse time remembering the name of a disease that would become a central part of my life. I had even more difficulty visualizing the destructive process. It didn't hurt...I had them slice it open...now it hurts and I can't move around like I want to. Now phase two of the attack, radiation therapy. I'm not looking forward to driving into the city every day because I am already very fatigued. Not to mention my apprehension of the sort and long term side effects. In my gut I know that the pvns will just return if I don't have radiation. Even with radiation I know that there is still a good chance of it returning. Almost 4 weeks out and I'm really tired of hurting and not being able to do what I want. This disease scares me and today I feel overwhelmed due to non pvns events that happened this weekend.

My brother in-law is 29 and has been dating this 20 year old girl. I call her a girl because she has been sheltered from the world, still living at home, turns half her pay check over to her parents, very religious, only wears grey and black dresses below the knee, and has no real world experience that allows one to develop into an adult. The family just met this girl for the first time at Christmas. I thought she was a lovely girl who is exactly where she should be at 20 years of age, however much too young and different then Keith. My concern is that my brother in law didn't show his real personality when she was around. He kept scanning his speech and apologizing for things that he said.

Opposites may attract but they don't stay together and these two couldn't be more different.  He loves her because she is pure, righteous and pretty (a child). Two weeks later we're informed "guess what"....yep you guessed it. Miss perfect experienced an immaculate conception, so much for being pure. As if this wasn't enough to choke on, they plan to get married within the next few weeks. So far I have called everything that was going to happen up to this point. I hope I'm wrong on everything else. I really wanted to like her at Christmas but felt she was a horrible match for Keith (who seems to be happy about the baby). She seems nice enough and it's not that I disliked her at Christmas but her personality was flat and she seemed disinterested in what was going on. We have a family tradition of feeding the donkeys and since she is allergic to animals (another strike against her) my brother in law and her didn't participate. Between baby and marriage miss perfect just fell several rungs in my book.



This is why I'm angry: They both came to Christmas on false pretenses. She was a last minute add on and I believe we wouldn't have met her again this year if it wasn't for the pregnancy. They have been together and broke up a few times during the one year that they have been dating.  I wanted Keith to find a sister in law that I could relate to and as couples we could do things together when we visited each other. I knew Keith would have kids one day but this all seems like a guaranteed set up for failure and a lot of heart ache. There is no such thing as an oops pregnancy. If you don't take precautions you are planning to get pregnant. Don't tell  me "surprise." The marriage failure rate is appalling even in the best circumstances, but take two people who don't really know each other and introduce the stresses of a pregnancy and a rushed marriage... the deck is stacked against the long term survival of the family unit. In the mean time Aunts, uncle, grandmas, grandpas come to love this child only to be told at a later date " We're divorcing so you're no longer going to be a part of this child's life."  Just because 2 people can make a baby doesn't mean that they should be together, and don't make another mistake and rush into marriage. This whole subject has always made me angry. Now I'm force into accepting her and all of the changes that she is forcing onto the family dynamics. Now there will always be a baby tagging along and honestly that makes me feel sick to my stomach. Worse yet I have to become a fake so I don't cause any waves and that's not setting well with me at all.  I want my brother in law to be happy but why does he have to make me so miserable in the process.

I had my first child at 17 but I had been on my own for 1 1/2 years, my own apartment, car and a second business started and I was married before I got pregnant.  I can't emphasis strongly enough that "I don't want anything to do with babies!!" I don't like them, they aren't cute they actually look like old toothless men, nor are they a gift well maybe a Trojan gift...human babies are succubus's being totally dependent for years on someone caring for their every need. I have much better things to talk about than baby spit up, gas or how many times the kid poops.  To sit as a hostage in a room for hours pretending to enjoy hearing about all the new things their baby is doing, is cruel and unusual punishment. I understand parents must convince themselves that they like all of these awful things about babies in order to ensure survival of the species and to keep them from committing suicide. Parents please listen to me..no one else wants to know about those things and spit up is not cute. It's the kiss of death to honestly describe how a baby looks. If someone says they want to see all of your kids pictures beware because they only want to show off their own kids pictures. I thought my husband felt the same way about kids.  I know he doesn't want any (which isn't going to happen with me) but it scares me to see his unanticipated calm reaction, which makes him unrecognizable to me. The last time someone was unrecognizable to me...my entire world was destroyed. Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cj,
    I’m a 55 yr old woman who “thought” she suffered from RA since I was 16. I’ve worked for physicians all my life, so they’ve treated me moderately with samples of anti-inflammatory medication. I never really had any extensive testing until my son also started having problems with his knee. My son is 37, & I’ve remarried to a wonderful man a few years ago, so I quickly started to follow your blog, it seems we have so much in common.
    I was quite taken back when I saw the blog about the “stresses” you had over the holidays, but before you quit reading this please let me explain the course it’s taken. I was unable to give my husband a child, due to previous surgery due to an illness. We had talked extensively about this; his answer was, “Most people’s dogs are better behaved than their children”. He’s also made comments on “how he’s so glad he never had any children to bring them up in this world, & he enjoys our freedom”. I’ve all ways felt terrible that I couldn’t give him a child, & he questioned why. I told him that a woman feels it’s the BEST gift someone could give a man. He looked me straight in the face & said, “Men don’t feel the same way”. So please believe your husband when he tells you that he doesn’t want children. I think he sincerely means it. I got a sense perhaps of jealousy that he felt happy for his brother. It’s all right, his brother wanted children or he would have used protection. Your husband can still be happy for his brother, play with his children & then enjoy your life when they go home. Now this may cause your holidays to be different, but different isn’t all ways bad. The child could bring an excitement to them.
    Now for your concern over your brother in laws choice of a wife, yes she’s young but it’s HIS choice! The marriage may fail, both yours & mine did, we married young & I agree with you statistics show that to be a problem. But consider this, what if we had met our current husbands when we were young, would we have appreciated them as we do now? Besides what you don’t know you don’t miss, for instance a Nun. All you can do is be happy for them. I’m sorry you didn’t get the friend you were looking for, but this girl may surprise you. Give her a chance; you’ve only met her once.
    Now for the statement about being desirable to your husband, I also have that problem. So believe me I understand how this all could get you worried. Carol you’re a lovely, beautiful person. I showed my husband your pictures & he thought so too. You have a wonderful man that loves you. ENJOY!!!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following the blog and for taking the time to write. I'm always the happy, upbeat, optimistic positive personality person but when I need to get something out of my system I write about it without editing my thoughts. Those thoughts may at times be very strong and emotionally charged. When I started the blog I decided that I would not censor my writing but let people see my emotions in their entirety. You are no stranger to physical challenges and it sounds like you've also gained much knowledge on your journeys.

    I am very confident my husband never has nor will he ever want kids in the future or I would have never married him in the first place. I have to let go and trust that he knows what he wants.

    I wasn't jealous and am very glad that Steve is happy for his brother. It's just that his positive reaction was so far from left field that it scared me and momentarily made me question how well I actually know him. I know Steve will enjoy being an uncle and be a fantastic one at that but this is my fear. I don't want his heart to be broken because this girl is too inexperienced to know who she is as an individual person or to know what she is going to want in the future. Bottom line is moms of the babies get total control of the babies if things don't work out. I was banned from having anything to do with my niece after my divorce and it was like losing my own child. This couple is starting off with not just some of the cards but all of the cards stacked against them and I'm going to be included in this game whether I want to play or not.

    I do have power in the situation and that is to support and help this girl to develop into a strong woman. True I wanted a polished gem where it is easy to see the value, beauty and strength. I don't know yet whether she will be shale that crumbles easily or if she will turn out to be a valuable diamond that just gets stronger with pressure. I want Keith to be happy long term and will facilitate that to the best of my ability by being supportive of the person that he has chosen.

    As far as the changing family dynamics including a baby...that one is just going to take time...

    At times I have insecurities partly due to age, my husband is 15 years younger than I ( another reason I've been so careful about the child issue) and my failing health. ( Note to self: I must remember he knew of my poor health status prior to marriage and he was the one that suggested getting married so I could get health insurance. We are a very strong couple who sincerely are best friends. The PVNS surgery was the 23rd surgery that I've had to have for various health reasons. It just seems like the scars keep accumulating as do the medical issues and I just feel worn out and I'm only 47. My life finally feels like it fits and that if I were to die today I would be at peace knowing that I have experienced everything that was important to me. But since my life finally fits I want to hang around for a long time. Yes, Rhonda, I'm enjoying the wonderful man that I have been so blessed to have in my life. Thank you again for your comments they have helped.

    ReplyDelete