Disclaimer

The information on the Blog Posts reflects my opinions, personal suggestions and is not intended as medical advise. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. PVNS Success makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.

PVNS Success does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site.

PVNS Success is not responsible nor liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, service or products the you obtain through this web site.


NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.



Saturday, January 7, 2012

23 Days Post-Op, Sex After Knee Surgery


Pain level 2-3 overall with spikes of 4. Finally the stabbing and spasms have diminished. Most likely due to the Neurontin that I started taking a few days ago. I have to admit those sucked major time. So once again just the normal pain continues in which I can proudly shout out “I’m healing!!” My husband gets a chuckle out of that. Actually it’s my positive proclamation while in a dismal situation. I haven’t taken taken the 10 mg Oxycontin ER for a few days and I wait until evening to take a dose of Oxycodone 5mg which helps me rest better. My fashionable walking accessories have been discarded into the dark crevices of a closet. When I was high in the hospital I blinged them out with sparkling butterflies along with anything else I could reach from my hospital bed. 
Being a woman, having sex to me is experiencing a deep emotional bond with my husband. I have found that when I’m feeling overwhelmed by additional stresses of illness I need and desire sex even more than usual. Unfortunately his sexual desire goes in the toilet when he sees me hurting. I need the reassurance that I’m still beautiful and desired but more importantly it’s comforting at a time when I feel out of control of my situation. I know he is terrified of hurting me so It’s up to me to assure him that we will be careful, communicate and enjoy. 
I was ready to resume sex at 3 weeks post op but everyone is different. Please check with your doctor and let the person who had surgery gauge when they are ready to resume sex.  I was still trying to figure out the mechanics since mobility is so limited. When I was by myself I decided to lay, stand and bend in different positions to see which ones may be comfortable. I can only speak about having knee surgery. I found that I had total control and stability of my knee when standing facing the bed and bending over it allowing my spouse to enter from the posterior position. For me this is a very comfortable position that caused absolutely no pain and it didn’t require much energy. I later found these pictures for additional positions. 


2 comments:

  1. I had surgery December 21st of 2011. PVNS in my right knee. I give you a lot of credit. I never thought about sex once. I only wanted to make it to and from the bathroom in one piece. My biggest accomplishment had nothing to do with love making, but it was when my husband held me up in the shower because I couldn't wash my hair on my own. That was quite a bonding moment when I could barely lift my leg to get out of the shower. My knee hurts everyday, but damn it if its going to stop me from living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, during illness or injury there are many opportunities that present for bonding. It's these bonding experiences that bring a much deeper level of trust and respect into a relationship.

    ReplyDelete