Disclaimer

The information on the Blog Posts reflects my opinions, personal suggestions and is not intended as medical advise. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. PVNS Success makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.

PVNS Success does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site.

PVNS Success is not responsible nor liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, service or products the you obtain through this web site.


NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.



Monday, January 16, 2012

PVNS, Post-Op 1 Month, Open Synovectomy



My pain level has remained at a  2-3, and after 2 weeks the stabbing pain has finally diminished. I continue to take 5 mg Oxycodone in the evening when the pain seems to be worse. I believe that if I was just dealing with the knee pain I would have been off of the narcotics by now but I’m also dealing with an angry back that insists on spasming because I’m compensating for having a bum knee. I didn’t think I would still be in pain this far out from surgery and I’m becoming frustrated with having a gimpy knee. 
I still need to follow up with the malady that originally brought me into to the doctors. The PVNS was just a side trip that I was forced into taking during my time off work. Which made for good timing to recover from surgery and be able to receive radiation therapy. I’m still faced with the original problems of back/flank pain which the MRI showed a lot of degenerative changes along with cord flattening. The radiology oncologist said that those finding could definitely be causing the pain but it still doesn’t explain the severe fatigue and overall muscle aching (it isn’t fibromyalgia either). The chest CT showed progressive pleural lining thickening, scarring and lymph enlargement and I’ll have another CT in a couple months because the process isn’t far enough along for them to identify what it may be. Boy that makes me feel real secure.  Unfortunately the last two weeks I’ve been experiencing shortness of breath which I’m blaming on generalized stress due to feeling ill all of the time. My doctor did tell me to contact him if I noticed any changes in my lungs, but I’m sure that I’m just being a bit paranoid.
I hate making the hour drive to see my primary doctor and surgeon so I’ll schedule the appointments at the same time for another week out and do the same with my pain management doctor to address the back issues. Can you tell I hate seeing docs not to mention the expenses that I’m accumulating with all of these tests and appointments. I dislike spending money while Im employed so you can imagine how I hate sinking into debt while not employed. My husband keeps reminding me that I need to chill out and focus on getting healthy. I just feel like my brain is fogging over and the longer that I’m away from work the more stupid I’m becoming. I’m proud of myself because I have resisted the urge to follow the help wanted ads. Dang now that I brought it up I really want to see what’s available. I wouldn’t be able to even sit at my desk yet so what am I thinking. I miss working, however, I know this time is short and I need to enjoy it.
I wanted to go to a motocross race this weekend but then I realized that even if I could handle the pain of sitting for an extended period of time, I’m still unable to bend my knee enough to sit in the colosseum seats. Then I start thinking that since I have all of this time off I can visit my kids. No can do because that requires flying and once again my knee isn’t going to bend and soon I’ll be starting radiation therapy Monday-Friday for 3-4 weeks. Shucks I so wish this stage of healing was over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment