Disclaimer

The information on the Blog Posts reflects my opinions, personal suggestions and is not intended as medical advise. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. PVNS Success makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.

PVNS Success does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site.

PVNS Success is not responsible nor liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, service or products the you obtain through this web site.


NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post-Op Day 9 - 13

I love This 
Progress has sped up within the last five days. I still wasn't feeling well enough to get groceries, however, I did some last minute holiday shopping with my mom in-law on Saturday. It felt good to get out but I still get fatigued quite easily. My pain level is 2-3 and I'm continuing with my exercises, ice and elevation.  Medication dose has remained the same but my activity level has increased to a normal off work level. Being up more has increased the swelling in my leg which of course increases the pain.  I work at a desk and at this point I'm still not well enough to go back to work without being in extreme pain.

When I was diagnosed a few weeks ago my number one concern was finding a physician that could educate me on this insidious disease. The 32 doctor offices that I called asking if they new about PVNS or if they could refer me to someone...didn't provide any direction or answers.  Feeling very alone I began searching for others with this disease and found a treasure on FaceBooks  "PVNS is Pants" site.  It is now my mission to create an easy to access, searchable list of PVNS qualified physicians. I'll be providing more details in the next few posts.

This blog was also created in order to pass on the knowledge that I was gaining that helped me make an informed decision about my care. I feel we must understand this disease in order to to have a logical discussion with our doctors about our short term and long term care. Since there aren't any absolute treatment regimens when dealing with PVNS...my surgeon put it best "I can only tell you what I would do if it was my knee, based on my circumstances." I took her advise but also realized that we have different responsibilities, financial resources and physical activity levels. This is where it becomes imperative to have an understanding of this disease and the different treatment options and statistics. Based on all of these factors I was able to confidently determine what treatment plan was best for me. I didn't want more surgery than necessary but I also wanted to decrease my chances as much as possible of it reoccurring.

I hope everyone had a terrific holiday, I certainly did. My mom in-law visited for the holidays and she was a life saver when it came time to making Christmas dinner. Bless her heart, she has been rehabilitating from 2 broken feet that required extensive surgery.  I am so happy that she was able to be here for Christmas. We had a wonderful time that passed all too quickly.  Mom drove to the airport to catch her plane and since I had to drive back home I had to figure out how in the heck do I slide into the drivers seat, not bending my knee and actually reach the steering wheel. That's when you very slowly move the seat forward and then swear a lot, turn, smile and wave bye to mom. The drive was only a half hour but the pressure on my knee...yikes... and the angle caused severe intermittent spasm making driving not such a great idea. A least surgery was on the left knee leaving my driving leg functional. In a couple of days I will have my two week check up and get the staples out.

1 comment:

  1. I can't thank you enough for this blog. I just had surgery June 11, 2018 and diagnosed with PVNS and have been trying to understand what all this means. I have been blessed to come upon your blog. It has helped me understand and for my post op, questions that I should have asked but didn't know if this is what I had for sure. Thank you, Danesa Borgerding

    ReplyDelete