Disclaimer

The information on the Blog Posts reflects my opinions, personal suggestions and is not intended as medical advise. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. PVNS Success makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.

PVNS Success does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site.

PVNS Success is not responsible nor liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, service or products the you obtain through this web site.


NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.



Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Post-Op Day 6

Warning!! This is a whoa is me entry. Post-op day six and I continue to take the same mount of medication, pain scale 3-4, doing exercises, lymph massage which seems to be helping with the swelling. Mornings are tough because after having my leg elevated all night...As I lower my leg the blood rushes into it causing a sensation of building pressure and pain until I return it to an elevated level again. Note to self take pain medication prior to getting out of bed in the morning and prioritize what I need to do in the few moments that I can tolerate being on my knee. I'm able to bend and straighten my leg a little bit more but continue to only hobble between the bedroom, bath, living room and momentary stops in the kitchen. At times I'm tempted to only use one crutch but I've been noticing that it occasionally feels like my knee is giving out which causes a rapid bending of my knee, resulting in oh !*%!*# pain. My good knee that has been getting stressed by the extra work load is feeling better.  More bruising is now showing up and the inactivity and boredom is starting to get to me. The last two days have been tough physically and emotionally. I'll welcome getting out of the house at the two week mark to start physical therapy and I'll have my stapels out by then also. Yippi!!

I'm having a sad day today for a variety of reasons. I know my adult children love me but I it hurts and I start to feel angry when they don't seem to care. They all knew I was going to be having surgery and nearly a week went by when I finally decided to call them to let them know  ("In case you are interested...I'm ok.") I feel more like saying what the fuck? I would never think of not checking in on them. I'm disappointed in all three of them. I don't want them to be worried or over react, but I do expect a momentary pause and out of respect for them to lift up their heads in acknowledgement.  I'm not going to tell them anything from now on. This is not the first time this has happened but it will be the last. They are all still in their twenties and I know a lot of it has to do with their ages.  Guess who isn't even going to get a lump of coal in their stockings this year. I know #?% hmmm.

It's been a week since the hustle and bustle of surgery and I just feel tired and unmotivated today.  I'm sure that the narcotics play apart in my malaise today.  Until tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment