Disclaimer

The information on the Blog Posts reflects my opinions, personal suggestions and is not intended as medical advise. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. PVNS Success makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.

PVNS Success does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site.

PVNS Success is not responsible nor liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, service or products the you obtain through this web site.


NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster

I initially went to Dr. Bryan due to long term flank pain. During my appointment I mentioned that my left knee had lateral swelling for over a year and a mass behind the knee for a couple of months. My knee is only moderately uncomfortable with occasional flairs of increased swelling and pain. The doc ordered an MRI which showed signs indicative of PVNS. Great, an incidental finding that I could have lived without.

  Seriously? Now I have to deal with the flank pain, PVNS and another incidental finding from a CT that was done on the abdomen and chest showing bilateral undifferentiated pleural thickening in the lung bases. The radiologist is requesting a follow up ct in six months and the doc is wondering if I would like a referral to a pulmonologist in the interim. I'm overwhelmed and frightened to the point of near immobility, however, I understand the importance of finding a surgeon that is very familiar with PVNS in order to have the best chance of a positive prognosis. Thankfully I have the research skills to find such a person.

Do all of these findings have some type of connection? I know it's just my paranoia running away with my imagination; but what if the PVNS turned out to be malignant and it had already metastasized into the pleural cavity of the lungs and what if the PVNS is in the lumbar vertebrae causing the flank pain. Possibly plausible but very, highly unlikely. I don't believe that is the case but it is my worse fear.

I've been in a five day reading frenzy finding out everything that I can about this mysterious joint disease that may threaten my quality of life. At the very least it's going to cause even more pain due to the surgery that is required, time for rehabilitation, medical expenses increasing all while I'm unable to work. I would like to ignore the PVNS, however, the case studies have proven that would be a very unwise choice. The sooner action is taken the better chances of it not returning. Denial is a luxury that could be very costly. My attitude toward what is happening is much more powerful than the uncontrollable physical events taking place.  I will face this with dignity and grace and be triumphant as I have been in the past.           

No comments:

Post a Comment